Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Babies everywhere!

Our Alex had an outpatient eye surgery yesterday to correct his slight left cross eye so he will see better. Say a little prayer for him, please. His daddy says the nurses thought he was cute as a button, and he's definitely a tough little guy. Did I tell you he lost a front tooth 3 weeks ago? Lost his balance and struck it on his favorite toy, the star keyboard, then had to have it pulled next day by the dentist. Daddy also said he's getting very tall and staying thin, though he eats like a trooper--or maybe like Rocky Balboa! All told, with the tall, the thin, the snaggle toothed grin, and the red eye, he looks like quite a fighter, I hear.
More news: My mid-Western grand-nephews, Nic and Nino, turned blonde after their Italian brunette start. I discovered that when I visited their Geegy and Mommy over Labor Day weekend, watching our two-year old twins play choo-choo in circles around each other. Cute little engines, but they were darling dark haired cuddle bears when them last time in June, 2006.
My brother's first grandchild, Coley, is a tow-head who loves to swim and who also wears glasses, like Alex. My other sister's newest grandson is a plump little cutie, like his cousin, Ian, but his hair is light, too, as is his sisters. So of this new generation, dark hair is staying in my line. Blondes are dominating the family.
Grandchildren are definitely poppin' up all over. My schoolroom custodian's daughter gave birth to a son this past weekend, too, so life changes for another family. Can't wait to see a picture, Ms. L!

No comments: