Sunday, September 20, 2026

Gray, cold

 

Familiar.  Yesterday

The other half of autumn   I’ve had the stove on most of the day. Walked with Red in the ‘hood.  Awake for eight hours now. All I can seem to fe l and think about is my daughter’s plight and fight.  Feel like the tar baby. Will there ever be joy or ordinary happiness in my life again. 

Called sis C. No consolation. She has her own misery, cut off from prescription drugs and her new first floor apartment was flooded 3 inches. Hasn’t heard from L. Can’t catch a break, the whole family. 

Yom Kippur starts tonight. I recall wishing a young Jewish woman from Coral a happy one a year or two ago and she kindly explained it’s not that kind of holiday. It’s a day of atonement, 25 hours of fasting, no water even, I surmise from a cancer survivor I read on Chabad yesterday, Bentzi Sasson of NYC. His description of his chemo experience both frightens and inspires me, particularly his emphasis on reliance on God and family, both missing in this upcoming case. I may be the connection, but I am rejected, not to mention weak. Help, Lord! IJN

https://w2.chabad.org/media/images/913/KQdg9132782.jpg?_i=_n32DD4A5CE5B405756B86D11830CBE5B1


No comments: